The Denver Broncos came into pro football as one of the original teams of the American Football League in 1960. They eventually merged into the NFL in 1970 with the rest of the AFL teams and have since had an impressive run that includes numerous Super Bowl appearances, and even a couple of league titles. Along the way, the Broncos have also had an amazing selection of players too. Here is a look at five fun facts about the great Denver Broncos.
1. From 2002 to 2009, a span of seven seasons, the Denver Broncos had a different leading rusher each season: Clinton Portis, Ruben Droughns, Mike Anderson, Tatum Bell, Selvin Young, Peyton Hillis, and Knowshon Moreno.
2. The top five fumblers in team history are John Elway (137), Floyd Little (32), Brian Griese (31), Craig Morton (28), and Sammy Winder (28).
3. The longest touchdown run in Denver Broncos history was done by Gene Mingo and went for 82 yards.
4. Broncos star wide receiver Rod Smith is the only undrafted free agent to ever surpass 10,000 yards receiving during their career.
5. Only three Broncos defensive players have ever accumulated more than 1,000 tackles during their career: Dennis Smith (1152), Karl Mecklenburg (1104), and Steve Atwater (1038).
The Broncos seem to continually put together impressive seasons and play in important games. The team does its best to always accumulate good players and its fans are some of th best in the league. There is no doubt that Denver will continue to be one of the more popular and overall better teams in the league for years to come.