Isaac Bruce had a 16 year career in the NFL and was one of the most productive wide receivers in the game for a good chunk of it. He was an essential part of ‘The Greatest Show on Turf’ with the Rams in the early 2000s. Here is a look at five fun facts about this great Rams receiver.
1. Isaac Bruce caught more touchdown passes against the Saints, a total of 13, than he did against any other team in the NFL.
2. Isaac Bruce had his first 100 yard receiving game in the third game of his second season in 1995. He caught five balls that day for exactly 100 yards in a 31-10 Rams win over the Panthers.
3. The team Isaac Bruce would gain the most yards against during his career just happened to be one of the two teams he played for. He caught 128 passes for 1,925 yards and 10 touchdowns against the San Francisco 49ers.
4. During his career, Isaac Bruce caught touchdown passes thrown by 12 different players: Marc Bulger, Kurt Warner, Chris Miller, Tony Banks, Jamie Martin, Trent Green, Mark Rypien, J.T. O’Sullivan, Shaun Hill, Gus Frerotte, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Az-Zahir Hakim.
5. The longest run from scrimmage that Isaac Bruce would have in the NFL came in a 38-31 Rams loss to the Vikings in 1998. He ran the ball for 30 yards on one play that day. In that same game he would catch 11 passes for 192 yards.