Much is known about Tom Brady. Multiple Super Bowl championships, tons of individual awards, and a great teammate. Here are some of the lesser known facts about this great quarterback:
- In 1995, Tom Brady was drafted in the 18th round of the Major League Baseball Draft by the Montreal Expos.
- When Tom Brady came to the University of Michigan he was originally listed as 7th on the quarterback depth chart.
- Before picking Brady with the 199th pick in the 2000 NFL Draft, they had also been considering choosing quarterback Tim Rattay.
- When Brady came to the Patriots he was originally listed as fourth on the quarterback depth chart behind Drew Bledsoe, John Friesz, and Michael Bishop.
- The injury to Drew Bledsoe that put Tom Brady in the starting lineup was caused by a hit from New York Jets linebacker Mo Lewis.
- The famous “tuck rule” game against the Oakland Raiders was Tom Brady’s first playoff game ever.
- In 2007, Tom Brady set the record for most touchdown passes in a season with 50… his previous career high had been 28.