Russell Wilson sure has had a major impact on the Seahawks and the NFL in 2012. First he beats out the guy the team brought in to be the starter during the preseason, Matt Flynn, and then he leads the team to their first road win in the playoffs since 1983… 1983!!!
He’s an exciting player to watch and has a lot of skills. If you are not a fan of Russell Wilson now, you soon will be.
If you are interested in over 150 pieces of Russell Wilson trivia, you should then check out this:
To tide you over in the meantime though, here is a look at five fun facts about Russell Wilson:
1. While at North Carolina State, Russell Wilson was the first freshman quarterback ever to be named to the All-ACC First Team.
2. Russell Wilson was selected with the 75th overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft. The Seahawks had held the 75th overall pick three times before in their history. They used it in 1982 to take tight end Pete Metzelaars, in 1988 to take wide receiver Tommy Kane, and in 2011 to take guard John Moffitt.
3. Russell Wilson had his first three touchdown pass game on October 14, 2012 during his rookie year in a 24-23 win over the Patriots.
4. Russell Wilson’s 3,118 passing yards in 2012 were the most ever by a Seattle rookie. The previous record had been 2,833 by Rick Mirer in 1993.
5. Notable people who share Russell Wilson’s November 29th birthday include Little Women author Louisa May Alcott, sportscaster Vin Scully, professional wrestler Jerry Lawler, comedian and television host Howie Mandel, and New York Yankees closer Mariano Rivera.