It is rare these days for a player, no matter how good they are, to play their entire career with just one NFL team. With that in mind, we’re looking today at which wide receivers on the All-Time Top 50 Career Receiving Yards list (through the 2008 season) played their entire careers with just one team.
How many wide receivers appeared on the Top 50 list and only played on one team during their stay in the NFL? The answer is 11.
Here they are, along with where they appear on the list and when they played.
4. Marvin Harrison – Colts (1996-08) *active
11. Steve Largent – Seahawks (1976-89)
17. Michael Irvin – Cowboys (1988-99)
19. Rod Smith – Broncos (1995-06)
33. Hines Ward – Steelers (1998-09) *active
35. Amani Toomer – Giants (1996-08)
37. Raymond Berry – Colts (1955-67)
40. Charley Taylor – Redskins (1964-77)
42. Chad Johnson (Ochocinco) – Bengals (2001-09)
44. Fred Biletnikoff – Raiders (1965-78)
49. Mark Duper – Dolphins (1982-92)
This does automatically bring up the question though as to which NFL wide receiver appearing in the Top 50 All-Time Yardage list has saw action with the most teams.
James Lofton, Keenan McCardell, and Harold Jackson each played for five different teams. Ricky Proehl played for six different teams. But the wide receiver appearing in the Top 50 that has played for the most teams is Andre Rison who ranks 29th in league history and played for seven different teams (Colts, Falcons, Browns, Jaguars, Packers, Chiefs, Raiders).