The Cardinals have not always been in Arizona and actually trace their history back to the early days of the NFL. Here is a quick look at some interesting Cardinals trivia.
1. During the 1944 NFL season, due to labor shortages because of World War II, the Cardinals and Steelers combined rosters. This new hybrid team failed to win any games that season.
2. Two of Babe Ruth’s then record 60 home runs that he hit during the 1927 baseball season were given up by pitcher Ernie Nevers of the St. Louis Browns. Nevers also played running back for the NFL’s Chicago Cardinals.
3. In 2005, the Arizona Cardinals receiving duo of Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin became only the third set of teammates to catch more than 100 passes in a season.
4. The Arizona Cardinals are owned by the Bidwell family who have owned the team since 1932.
5. In the twenty-eight years that the Cardinals played in St. Louis, they never once played in a home playoff game.