1. The Dallas Cowboys appeared in one half of the Super Bowls of the 1970s. They would win Super Bowls VI in 1971 and XII in 1977.
2. Dallas Cowboys legend and Pro Football Hall of Fame member Ed “Too Tall” Jones starred for the team from the mid-1970s through the 1989 season. He briefly retired following the 1978 season to become a professional boxer before returning to his NFL career.
3. Tom Landry is famous as the first head coach the Dallas Cowboys had ever known. During World War II, Landry flew a B17 Flying Fortress Bomber on more than 30 combat missions.
4. As of 2007, there have only been three players who have played for fifteen or more seasons with the Dallas Cowboys, they are Mark Tuinei, Bill Bates, and Ed “Too Tall” Jones.
5. The Cowboys played their home games for the first eleven years of the franchise’s history in the famous Cotton Bowl.