Facts and information about the Amsterdam Admirals
- The Amsterdam Admirals were added to the World League in 1995 and eventually outlasted all other non-German teams in terms of remaining in the league.
- The Amsterdam Admirals played their first two seasons in old Olympisch Stadium which had been constructed for the 1928 Olympics.
- In their first year of existence, the Admirals made it all the way to the World Bowl before losing to the eventual champions the Frankfurt Galaxy.
- The Amsterdam Admirals won their first World Bowl championship game in 2005. They made it back to the big game in 2006 only to lose the game to the Frankfurt Galaxy.
- From 1999 through the 2003 season the Admirals posted five consecutive 4-6 seasons.
- In the Admirals first season in the World League they posted a regular season record of 9 wins and only one loss.
- In 1995, the Admirals Kicker was future New England Patriot and Indianapolis Colt Adam Vinatieri.
- Playing Quarterback for the Amsterdam Admirals during the 1998 season was future NFL and Super Bowl MVP Kurt Warner.
- Jake Delhomme, who would go on to be the starting Quarterback of the Carolina Panthers of the NFL, once played for the Amsterdam Admirals.
- Some notable players who have played for the Amsterdam Admirals and also have an NFL connection include: Kurt Warner, Adam Vinatieri, Jake Delhomme, Jarrett Payton (Walter Payton’s son), Jay Fiedler, Ron Powlus, and Jamie Martin.
WOULD YOU LIKE A LINK TO YOUR WEBSITE TO APPEAR ON THIS PAGE? CLICK HERE!