Facts and information about the Raleigh-Durham Skyhawks
- The Raleigh-Durham Skyhawks only played the first season in the WLAF; they were replaced by the Ohio Glory for the 1992 season.
- The Skyhawks were the only WLAF franchise to never win a game, going 0-10 in their lone season in the league.
- In their second game ever, the Skyhawks gave up the most points ever in a World League of American Football game when they lost 58-20 to the Orlando Thunder.
- The name Skyhawks was inspired by the Wright Brothers first flight which was made in the same geographical area.
- In a fan poll to name the team, Skyhawks was chosen over Cobras.
- The Raleigh-Durham Skyhawks were owned by George Shinn, the then-owner of the Charlotte Hornets of the NBA.
- The Head Coach of the Raleigh-Durham Skyhawks was former NFL Quarterback Roman Gabriel.
- Though the Skyhawks did not win a game in their only season of play, they were also never shutout.
- The Skyhawks were held to single digit scoring (9 point or less) in four of their ten games.
WOULD YOU LIKE A LINK TO YOUR WEBSITE TO APPEAR ON THIS PAGE? CLICK HERE!