Facts and information about the Rhein Fire
- The Rhein Fire is the second oldest German franchise in American Football. They were founded in 1995 on the restart of the NFL’s World League.
- The Rhein Fire won their first World Bowl (World Bowl VI) in 1998.
- The Rhein Fire won their second World Bowl (World Bowl VIII) in 2000.
- Early in their existence, the Rhein Fire was referred to sometimes as the Dusseldorf Fire.
- For the teams first six years, 1995 through 2000, the Head Coach of the Rhein Fire was Galen Hall who has been the Head Coach in many different levels and leagues; NCAA, WLAF, NFL Europa, XFL, and as an NFL Assistant.
- The Rhein Fire are one of the few NFL Europa teams to have had a former Heisman Trophy winner play for them; Danny Wuerffel won the award with the Florida Gators.
- Notable Rhein Fire players with ties to the NFL: Byron Chamberlain, Danny Wuerffel, Bill Schroeder, Mike Croel, Marcus Robinson, and Drew Henson.
- In the seven seasons from 1997 through 2003, the Rhein Fire appeared in the World Bowl championship game an amazing five times; winning it all on two different occasions.
WOULD YOU LIKE A LINK TO YOUR WEBSITE TO APPEAR ON THIS PAGE? CLICK HERE!